Thursday, March 31, 2011

O Ya Bar & Restaurant Review

O YA
My Opinions: This is my favorite place to go for sushi.

To start, even with reservations, we were seated at the bar ... something the host staff should have told me when I made the reservation. I was a bit put off at first, but nothing like a great bottle of wine from their well-groomed list, and a few pieces of their delicious sushi, to put a smile on my face. I admit, it was amusing to see the chefs prepare some of the pieces.

Maybe it was the new seating experience, but I was feeling confident about ordering for myself, so I didn't do the Tasting Menu and it turned out to be a great experience (slightly less expensive too). Buyer note: this restaurant is pricey so bring your Black card.

The restaurant is small and cozy with a romantic ambiance. It's a great high-end client dinner or date spot because the noise level is low, the service is friendly yet formal, and it's a nationally recognized special place that not everyone's been to, but everyone wants to try. Skip the desert - tonight I stopped by Les Zygomates Wine Bar across the street  for a night cap, live jazz, and a sweet treat.

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Chef’s Tasting - Sushi (what else?)

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Most Recent Visit: 3/30/2011
Amount Visited: 5+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Address: 9 East Street, Boston, MA 02111
Website: www.oyarestaurantboston.com/  Phone: (617) 654-9900
Social Networking:

Previous PostsDecember 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment