Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bistro du Midi Restaurant & Bar Review

Bistro du Midi
My Opinions: I typically eat upstairs in the dining room, but, due to a private function, I was only able to dine downstairs ... something I've been interested in trying now that the warm weather is here and the large windows open up to Boylston Street.  I was disappointed to notice the service was just not as friendly and polite, and the menu is quite different. I tried to get some of my standard favorite bites like the barbajans, but  couldn't. I will definitely go to Via Matta or the Bristol Lounge instead of eating at the bar again.

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Barbajans, Parmesan & Black Olive Shortbreads – Fried Artichokes with Aïoli – Chestnut Soup – Marinated Beet Salad – Filet of Beef – Classic Provençal Beef Daube - Trio of Sorbets - Grand Marnier Soufflé - Chocolate Soufflé - Anis Pot de Crème - Warm Chocolate Fondant w/ Nougat Ice Cream - Eggplant & Olive Dip with Crostini - Croque Monsieur - Roasted Chicken Breast with Polenta - Chocolate and Pistachio Tart

Most Recent Visit: 5/24/2010
Amount Visited: 20+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Patronage Inclination: Frequent

Address: 272 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Website: http://www.bistrodumidi.com  Phone: (617) 426-7878
Social Networking: Facebook /Bistro du Midi 

Previous PostsMarch 2010 - January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment