Friday, October 15, 2010

Sorellina Restaurant & Bar Review

Sorellina
My Opinions:  I was glad to see this place hopping on a Thursday evening - go Sorellina!

My meal tonight started with some fairly-priced champagne and oysters on the half shell (Duxbury) that were fantastic.  I was disappointed that they took my favorite appetizer/side, the eggplant gratinata, off the menu, but the roasted beets were delicious!  The filet was fresh and flavorful, but their duck dish was rather tough and, I hate to say it but, a bit dry. This is not the norm here, so perhaps it was an unlucky cut.

This has been one of my favorite restaurants in Boston for years. The service and food is top-notch, and the atmosphere is airy, attractive, and clean (the large black/white photo by the wine wall reminds me of Opus One in Napa, CA). The bar is small to mid-size and can be fun, but the scene does vary.

     Try:  Filet Mignon - Oysters on the half shell - Roasted Beets
     Skip:  Duck - Zeppole

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Oysters - Roasted Late Summer Beets - Foie Gras – Arugula – Carpaccio - Insalata - Verdure – Maccheroncelli – Filet Mignon – Ribeye – Chicken – Duck - Eggplant Gratinata – Ciambelle – Cioccolato – Semifreddo - Tiramisu - Zeppole

Patronage Inclination: Frequent

Most Recent Visit:  10/14/2010
Amount Visited: 100+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Address: One Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
Website: http://www.sorellinaboston.com  Phone: (617) 412-4600
Social Networking:  Twitter @SorellinaBoston  -  Facebook /Sorellina Boston

Older Posts: March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment