Friday, May 6, 2011

Black Horse Tavern Restaurant & Bar Review

BLACK HORSE TAVERN
My Opinions:  What a pleasant surprise to find this new restaurant in Winchester (my hometown) conveniently located by the commuter rail stop. It opened in August of 2010, and seems to be thriving! I couldn't believe how busy it was today ... and it was only lunch time. 

I had a great experience at the bar chatting with the owner, enjoying a good meal with a glass of cabernet, and loving the comfortable ambiance. (I loved that they had golf playing on the big screen!) I only wish I discovered this town hot spot earlier this winter so I could sit by their gas fireplace ... I guess the large opened windows letting in the warm spring air was a decent consolation prize for me.

You will find generous food portions of refined tavern fare at average prices, a good wine and beer selection (along with a full bar), friendly people, and lots of parking. To note: Lunch is not served every day, I believe it's only available on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, so give them a call before you plan an afternoon meet-up here.

Some Food/Drink Tasted:  Chicken Picatta

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Most Recent Visit:  5/06/2011
Amount Visited:  1
Experiences:  Lunch

Address: 32 Waterfield Road, Winchester, MA 01890
Website: blackhorsetavernwinchester.com  Phone: (781) 369-1620
Social Networking:  Facebook /Black Horse Tavern Winchester  -  Twitter @BHTavern

No comments:

Post a Comment