Monday, May 2, 2011

Menton Restaurant Review

MENTON 
My Opinions: Before dinner, I really like stopping by Drink bar, below next door - it helps me get my appetite going before the foodfest in Menton begins.

Tonight, the service was perfectly formal (per usual) and the food was delicious. They have added another layer to their pre-fix. Now you can choose from a 3, 4 or 7 course dinner. The 4-course plus cheese plate is the perfect pick for me. And, they have a wonderful wine list complete with a hearty champagne section - I have been very pleased with all the bottles I've tried. I must note that the desserts are getting better, but still an afterthought that I taste but never finish.

I had a tour of the Chef's Table before dinner and thought it was "okay". To have a seating here, you need to meet a customary food/beverage minimum, but it doesn't seem like there's much room to customize your dinner menu, which is disappointing. I had all unique dishes prepared for my dinner party at Asana's Chef's Table, an element that made it truly special. You will get a decent view of the action going on in the kitchen, but there's a lot of space to the right that you don't have a clear view of from the table. I found the room a little bland, and I didn't like the long rectangular layout for conversational/mingling reasons. Also, I was surprised that the chairs lining half of the long table were not as nice as the ones out in the main dining room (they didn't even have seat cushions). Hmmm, I'm not going to go out of my way to book this room, but I certainly wouldn't complain if I ended up here either.

     Try:  Kataifi Wrapped Langoustines - Cheese Plate
     Skip:  n/a

Most Recent Visit: 5/01/2011
Amount Visited: 5+
Experiences: Dinner

Patronage Inclination: Frequent

Address: 354 Congress Street Boston, MA 02210
Website: mentonboston.com  Phone: (617) 737-0099
Social Networking:

Older PostsFebruary 2011  -  November 2010  -  April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment