Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Broad Street Bistro Review (Formerly Caliterra)

BROAD STREET BISTRO @ the Hilton
My Opinions: CH-CH-CH-Changes. Oh to list the changes they have made would be to highlight the things that have made me fall out of love with this place.

To be fair, it's not all bad, but here's what I will miss most:
  1. Wine Glasses: They have substituted their tall, delicately clinking, swirling-friendly stemware with tiny chintzy glasses (one size fits all) that have an obvious marker to guage the size of the pour.
  2. Wine list: I guess to compliment the cheaper glasses, they had to get cheaper wines ... no more Louis Martini Cabernet for me.
  3. Menu: How I will miss the delicious herloom tomato salad and spinach tortellini the most. 
  4. Bottled Water: I always looked forward to being refreshed by a large bottle of Pelligrino - now I dread a glass of water carbonated by a machine that pumps in bubbles bigger than marbles.
  5. Salt & Pepper: I liked the grinders, and sea salt is all the rage now because its healthier and tastes better, but those are gone and you're stuck with small plain shakers.
  6. Napkins: Watch out for the lint ... the white cloth got all over my black pants ... and stuck on my lips (gross).
  7. Breakfast: Say goodbye to the nice buffet spread they hosted every morning.
  8. Portion Size: It went from satisfactorally-filling to guess-I'm-being-forced-to-diet.
Some Food/Drink Tasted:  Breakfast Buffet - Sliders - Cheese Fries - Spinach Tortellini Pasta - Chicken lettuce Wraps – Mediterranean Pizza - Wild Mushroom Pizza – Pepperoni Pizza – Heirloom Tomato Salad – Filet Mignon Sandwich – Penne with Shrimp - Chicken Panini – Turkey Panini - Cookies & Ice Cream - Tiramisu - Strawberry Shortcake

Patronage Inclination:  Fleeting

Most Recent Visit:  5/03/2011
Amount Visited: 75+
Experiences:  Breakfast, Dinner, Bar

Address: 89 Broad Street, Boston, MA 02110
Website: http://www.caliterrarestaurant.com/  Phone: (617) 348-1234
Social Networking: Twitter @CaliterraBoston 

Older Caliterra PostsFebruary 2011  -  January 2011  -  December 2010  -  August 2010  -  June 2010  -  March 2010  -  February 2010  -  September 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment