Friday, August 13, 2010

Towne Restaurant & Bar Review

Towne Stove and Spirits
My Opinions: I finally got to sit at the downstairs bar, and had a great time! The multiple menus are still overwhelming, but am glad there are so many food options. I am looking forward to coming back here and eating my way through them.

The crowd is flocking to this spot after work for the new atmosphere and strong drinks, so come get your flirt on! You'll find people here that also frequent Abe & Louie's and Sonsie.

As far as the food goes, I haven't been wowed by anything yet. The bacon sandwich with mayo and brioche was buttery and good - the foie gras is not my favorite. Next on my list is the Burger Xtreme with short rib meat (sounds genius). And, they have an entire egg-shaped menu dedicated to lobster dishes. Their deserts could still use some work. If the food flops,  which I hope doesn't happen, I'd still come here to drink.  See you Sunday for dinner!

They are opened for dinner now, and should be opened for lunch closer to the end of August.

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Bacon Sandwich - Lobster & Corn w/Honeyed Ricotta Pizza - Foie Gras - Beet Carpaccio - Pavlova - Warm Dark Chocolate w/Cherry Gelato - Toasted Hazelnut - Baja Breeze

Most Recent Visit: 8/13/2010
Amount Visited: 3
Experiences: Bar

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Address: 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215
Website: www.towneboston.com  Phone: (617) 247-0400
Social Networking: Facebook /Towne Stove and Spirits

Older Posts: August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment