Monday, January 31, 2011

Grill 23 Bar & Restaurant Review

Grill 23 & Bar
My Opinions: I was happy to see that the bar scene was busier than normal this evening. Also, this place's reputation has remained in good standing as I saw more than a few top industry faces in the dining room.

For me, I used to frequent this spot for the delicious food, but, over the last 2 years, I've been underwhelmed. I have noticed a drop in the food quality and service. It's still good, but the decline from where it was is noticeable. I am rooting for this place to rise to its original star quality, so it's still a place I want to revisit.

Over all, the service is attentive and formal, the cuts of meat are proper, the seafood is fresh, and the portions are good. The wine list is extensive but notably over priced, and they are out of more than a few bottles that are still on the list. Grill 23 should revamp their menu and wine list. I hope they reconcile their items, prices and inventory in this new year.

     Try:  Delmonico - New York Strip
     Skip:  Meatloaf

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Shell Sampler - Bone-In Delmonico – New York Strip – Pomme Frites – Mushrooms – Twin Filets - Meatloaf - Porterhouse - Beef Tenderloin - Mac n' Cheese - Asparagus

Most Recent Visit: 1/31/2011
Amount Visited: 100+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Patronage Inclination: Fleeting

Address: 161 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116
Website: http://www.grill23.com  Phone: (617) 542-2255
Social Networking: Twitter @Grill23andBar  -  Facebook /Grill 23

Previous Posts:  January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment