Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bistro du Midi Restaurant & Bar Review

Bistro du Midi
My Opinions: This was my first dinner here in 2011, and it was a great start to the year ... and much needed.  After just surviving the blizzard, I came down with a cold and got my car towed, so before I went to hand over a bulk of money, brave the 0-degree weather, and dig my car out of ice and snow, I decided that I (and my faithful friend) needed some sustenance, so I got a table at Bistro du Midi.

Thankfully, they had my favorite squash barbajans back on the menu and handed me the always-obliging wine list to raise my spirits. The food was great, the service was just as fantastic, and I had a wonderful time.  I do wish they would create better specials; nevertheless, I am looking forward to coming here again soon.

P.S. what happened to the free nougat at the end of the meal? What - the rice paper wasn't a hit? (called it!)

     Try:  Barbajans - Beef Daube
     Skip:  Cheese Plate (go to Troquet instead) - Soufflés

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Barbajans, Parmesan & Black Olive Shortbreads – Fried Artichokes with Aïoli – Chestnut Soup – Calamari - Marinated Beet Salad – Poached Maine Lobster - Filet of Beef – Classic Provençal Beef Daube - Trio of Sorbets - Grand Marnier Soufflé - Chocolate Soufflé - Anis Pot de Crème - Warm Chocolate Fondant w/ Nougat Ice Cream - Eggplant & Olive Dip with Crostini - Croque Monsieur - Roasted Chicken Breast with Polenta - Chocolate and Pistachio Tart

Most Recent Visit: 1/14/2011
Amount Visited: 60+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Patronage Inclination:  Occasion

Address: 272 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116
Website: http://www.bistrodumidi.com  Phone: (617) 426-7878
Social Networking: Facebook /Bistro du Midi 

Previous Posts:  September 2010  -  June 2010 - May 2010 - March 2010 - January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment