Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar Review

Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar 
My Opinions:  By now, we all know that I love tequila, so I was excited to see what this restaurant was all about.  In my opinion, it definitely beats Papagayo. The look/feel is dark and swanky, but still a work in progress. It will look even better when they get their couches and lounge items in. The bar is small and narrow, so some extra seating would be helpful.

I was thrilled to order a glass of my college-favorite, Gran Centenario Anjeo. I had to get bottles mailed to me from a friend in San Diego because I couldn't find this label in the states. It's a wonderful sipping tequila that needs nothing else.  In addition, my companion for the evening was also pleasantly surprised to find her favorite sipping tequila on the list too. It's certainly a well stocked bar!

I did try the nachos and they were okay.  I have yet to sit down for dinner, but I was lucky enough to chat with some regulars who have tried quite a bit on the menu. They say the tacos are all good here, but skip the ribs-anything. I hope that changes once the kitchen is settled. It still pulls a decent crowd on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so be sure to make table reservations if you want to have a sit-down dinner.

Hopefully they get their Sunday Industry Night up and running soon! P.S. Competition to watch out for: Tico 

     Try:  Bonita - Morena
     Skip: Sticky Spare Ribs

Some Food/Drink Tasted:  Chile-Rubbed Short Rib Nachos - Bonita - Morena - Gran Centenario Anjeo - Green Tea

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Most Recent Visit: 1/11/2011
Amount Visited: 2+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Address: 271 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA, 02116
Website: www.lolitaboston.com  Phone: (617) 369-5609
Social Networking: Twitter @LolitaBoston  -  Facebook /Lolita Cocina & Tequila Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment