Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mooo Restaurant & Bar Review

Mooo at XV Beacon Hotel
My Opinions:  No caviar this time, but I did make good on my 2011 promise to try sitting at the bar - curiosity satisfied and not likely to be repeated. If you want to eat, it's much better to get a table here.

The scene was busy with a nice, after-work, "mature" crowd, but it lacked a comfort level that makes a bar truly great. The bartenders try, but I think the service is better in the dining room.

The food is always fresh, tasty and filling, but I wasn't thrilled with my meal tonight. The burger patty wasn't as fresh and moist as I expected, and the beet salad had more ice cream-scooped goat cheese than beet slices (I love cheese, but come on! ...and beets are cheap!!).

To note: I saw their private dining room downstairs by the bathrooms and it was "okay". What truly turned me off was their 2010 standard event packet. It had a lot of rules and fees, and was written with little thought for pleasing/attracting clients. Hopefully it will be revised with softer language and less contingencies in 2011.

     Try:  Tuna Tartare - Steaks
     Skip: Hamburger - Beet Salad

Some Food/Drink Tasted:  Hamburger - Sushi Grade Tuna Tartare - Beet Salad - Kobe Beef Dumplings - Filet Mignon - Dry Aged New York Sirloin 35 Days - Side Flight – Endive Salad - Heirloom Tomato, Creamy Blue Cheese, Bacon - Caviar - Exotic Mushroom Mix - Side Flight

Patronage Inclination: Frequent

Most Recent Visit: 1/04/2011
Amount Visited: 10+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Address: 15 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108
Website: http://www.mooorestaurant.com  Phone: (617) 670-2515
Social Networking:  Facebook /Mooo Restaurant

Previous PostsDecember 2010  -  January 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment