Saturday, January 22, 2011

Uni Sashimi Bar Review

Uni Sashimi Bar @ Eliot Hotel 
My Opinions:  I came here after the Wine Expo and was planning on eating at Clio while also ordering some sushi from Uni. What I learned was that these two restaurants do not accommodate each other even though they share a bar, a host stand, an entrance, and a view.

... I did think about ordering delivery from Uni while dining in Clio, but we decided to flip a coin and it landed closer to Uni, so that's where we sat.

The space was cramped and the service was alright, but none of that mattered because the wine list was kind and the food was excellent. Chef Oringer is one of my favorites because he demands quality. He also lets the foods' true tastes come through instead of drowning them in sauces or spices. The wagyu cooked on a hot stone, to your desired temperature, was such a treat, especially for me because I like my beef a bit more well-done than most people do. For full disclosure, the dessert choices were something I would skip altogether ... not really a bad thing.

     Try:  Lobster Tempura - Wagyu
     Skip:  Yuzu

Some Food/Drink Tasted:  Miso Soup - Oysters on the Half Shell - Tataki - Lobster Tempura - Wagyu - Yuzu

Most Recent Visit:  1/22/2011
Amount Visited:  5+
Experiences:  Dinner, Bar

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Address: 370A Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215
Website: www.eliothotel.com  Phone:  (617) 536-7200
Social Networking:  Twitter @UniSashimi  -  Facebook /Uni Sashimi Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment