Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Gallows Restaurant & Bar Review

The Gallows
My Opinions: Welcome to the South End, The Gallows! (RIP Sage)

They did a great job with the interior. It's now brighter and more welcoming with fair wood that has light peaking through, a more communal dining room layout, and a wrap around seating section at the bar that fits the space better. I like that they have an ever-changing drink and dinner menu ... and I want to celebrate this new local spot, but ...

The unfortunate news - I won't come back here to eat on my own volition. To be fair, I have only eaten here once, but I did go all out and try a large amount (what I remember is listed below). I did like the novelty of trying the Scotch Egg, but as a whole I did not enjoy the food here.

The upside - the mixologist here is fantastic and I will be coming back here to drink! I like that they are on-point with seasonal cocktails, and I really wish they could make the "Skin & Bones" drink available year round (salted watermellon is so addictive!).

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Scotch Egg - Ploughman Board - Iceberg Wedge - Cheese Ball - Carmel Popcorn with Bacon - Desert Special

Most Recent Visit: 9/21/2010
Amount Visited: 5+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Patronage Inclination: Fleeting

Address: 1395 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118
Website: www.thegallowsboston.com  Phone: (617) 425-0200
Social Networking: Twitter @SEgallows  –  Facebook /The Gallows

No comments:

Post a Comment