Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Via Matta Restaurant & Bar Review

Via Matta
My Opinions: I had an opportunity to come by for lunch today after my Exhale Spa visit and, dare I say, I had my first bad meal here ... what?! I was so confused, because I have never had a bad meal here. I hope this was a once-in-a-dining-season experience.

I did come in at an off hour, but the place was completely empty. They finally hired a new manager, and word is that he is not respecting previous contracts signed with strategic alliance ... the Phoenix/S@N specifically. Hmmm, as a professional business development consultant, I don't recommend burning bridges during this economy. Who would ever want to partner with this place after that??

Aside from this experience, Via Matta has had consistently good food, service, ambiance and cleanliness - The food is fresh and very tasty with some unique flavors, but nothing too over-the-top. The bar is very nice, but isn't consistently busy, and lately has been bare. They offer a smaller function room at the front-left of the restaurant that has large windows and its own bar which is a nice touch for private parties/events.

I'm a big fan of Radius, a member of Michael Schlow's restaurant family. I think I'll be opting to eat here first from now on.

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Truffled Mushroom Salad - Burrata – Insalata Mista – Crunchy Eggplant – Panini – Prosciutto Cotto – Duck Tortelli – Pappardelle – Veal with Lentils – Beef Sirloin – Tagliatelle alla Bolognese - Brussels Sprouts – Apple Crostata – Cannoli - Panna Cotta w/strawberries and pistachio

Patronage Inclination: Occasion / Fleeting

Most Recent Visit: 9/15/2010
Amount Visited: 100+
Experiences: Lunch, Dinner, Bar

Address: 79 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
Website: http://www.viamattarestaurant.com  Phone: (617) 422-0008
Social Networking:  Twitter @ViaRadius  -  Facebook /Via Matta

Older PostsApril 2010  -  March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment