Friday, September 10, 2010

Towne Restaurant & Bar Review

Towne Stove and Spirits
My Opinions:  I had dinner at the bar here tonight because it was so busy!  The bartenders are great, and I had great service.  The beef short ribs weren't very good this evening, but the last time I had them they were great, so I'm hoping it was just a fluke.

The crowd is still hopping for after-work drinks, dinner and socializing ... so come get your flirt on! You'll find people here that also frequent Abe & Louie's and Sonsie.

They've opened for lunch, but I haven't yet stopped by for a taste. As far as the food goes, I've tried quite a bit of the menu and still haven't been wowed by anything yet. The bacon sandwich with mayo & brioche was buttery and good, but you can't eat that all the time if you want to still fit into your clothes - the salmon and foie gras is not my favorite. Their deserts could still use some work. If the food doesn't better,  I'll definitely still come here just to drink.

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Iceberg/baby - Tuna Belly - Tartare - Crostini's - Lobster Popovers - Ravioli - Duck Crisp - Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza - Bacon Sandwich - Lobster & Corn w/Honeyed Ricotta Pizza - Foie Gras - Beet Carpaccio - Salmon - Peking Chicken - Beef Short Ribs Crisp Tender - Pavlova - Warm Dark Chocolate w/Cherry Gelato - Toasted Hazelnut - Baja Breeze - Frozen Vanilla Mosaic - Chocolate Pudding - Sorbet

Most Recent Visit:  9/09/2010
Amount Visited: 15+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Address: 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02215
Website: www.towneboston.com  Phone: (617) 247-0400
Social Networking: Facebook /Towne Stove and Spirits

Older Posts: August 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment