Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Glutenus Minimus Review

GLUTENUS MINIMUS

My Opinions:  The location was a bit off of the main road, near Cushing Square in Belmont, but worth the drive. This is a small bakery with a big-hearted mission - to bring tasty gluten free items to you.

As most of you know, I am not one to deny myself of food or drink, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate healthier options ... especially when taste is not sacrificed. Going gluten free when I can is a great choice for me (for all), so give it a try by starting here.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised at how much variety this little place offered, and I went ga-ga over their coffee cakes. The Lemon Pound Cake was my favorite (so far!), and I am looking forward to trying their chocolate pound cake. I really liked the cookies here as well. To be honest, I didn't care for the muffins, I thought they were dry with an odd aftertaste, but if you wanted quench your curiosity, the Cranberry Harvest was the best out of the bunch. If they haven't run out, I will try the cupcakes and pumpkin bread next visit.

Some Food Tasted:  Sandwich Bread - Lemon Pound Cake - Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake - Blueberry Muffin - Keylime Coconut Muffin - Corn Muffin - Cranberry Harvest Muffin - Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie - Chocolate Chip Cookie - Double Chocolate Mint Cookie

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Most Recent Visit: 4/20/2011
Amount Visited: 1

Address: 697 Belmont Street Belmont, MA 02478
Website: http://www.glutenusminimus.com/  Phone: (617) 484-3550
Social Networking Facebook /Glutenus Minimus - Twitter @GlutenusMinimus

No comments:

Post a Comment