Thursday, April 14, 2011

RumBa Bar Review

RumBa at the InterContinental Boston
My Opinions:  When I eat here, I usually order from the main menu and keep it to the sliders and salty snacks. Tonight, I was here to catch up with my friend and belatedly celebrate her birthday, so we decided to try some plates from Sushi-Teq and ... we were all disappointed by the quality and prep. The maki and sushi was chewy and served above room temperature, but to end on a better comment, the edamame was average! I'd stick to the RumBa bar menu ... next on my to-try-list is the Crab Cake.

I've been coming here since it opened and it's a great place to drink and socialize with an attractive mix of successful Bostonians and visitors. You can trust there will be a decent weekend crowd, just expect a smaller local group during the week. Though RumBa focuses on rum, and their mixed drinks tend to be on the too-sweet side, they do offer a full bar of all the high-end spirits so you can concoct your own glass of poison!

I still have yet to do an event in the Champagne Bar, the red-themed private room off of the bar that comfortably hosts a group of about 30 people, but I think I'll wait until they revamp their sound system and flat screen (to be done in the next few months).

     Try: Sliders 
     Skip: Sushi-Teq

Some Food/Drink Tasted:  Brie Salad - Kobe Beef Sliders - Lobster Hush Puppies - St Tropez Crispy Calamari - Cairipirnhas - Mojitos - Pomme Frites

Patronage Inclination: Occasion

Most Recent Visit: 4/13/2011
Amount Visited:  45+
Experiences: Bar

Address: 510 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, MA 02210
Website: www.intercontinentalboston.com/  Phone: (617) 747-1000
Social Networking:  Twitter @InterConBOS  -  Facebook /icboston

Previous PostsDecember 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment