Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sorellina Bar & Restaurant Review

Sorellina
My Opinions:  I remembered to request the corner booth table, yes! You get a great view of the restaurant while having maximum privacy.

The bar was fun, but not as busy as it usually is on a Friday night. I did notice that they have taken out the low couches by the bar and added an impressive round table with seating for a larger party of about 6 people. I can't wait to reserve it for my next group dinner.

I had another wonderful meal here, with an excellent waitress. No surprise, I had the Duxbury oysters on the very-cold half shell with briny cucumber mini-balls and lime ice - so fresh, so good! The maccheroncelli pasta was especially good this evening. And, even though we had water spilled on us by accident, the staff was apologetic and efficient at cleaning it up.

This has been one of my favorite restaurants in Boston for years. The in-house service and food is top-notch. They offer a full wine list, and the atmosphere is airy, attractive, and clean. 

I must mention that I do not like their reservation service - when you call it does not go to the restaurant's host stand. I only found out because when I asked if the bar was busy I got a blunt "I don't know", followed by a really evasive answer, and then she reluctantly said she didn't actually work in the restaurant. Hmmm, maybe saving a few bucks on service is noticeable and certainly not appreciated by moi.

     Try:  Oysters on the half shell - Roasted Beets - Semifreddo
     Skip:  Duck - Zeppole

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Oysters - Roasted Late Summer Beets - Foie Gras – Arugula – Carpaccio - Insalata - Verdure – Lobster - Maccheroncelli – Filet Mignon – Ribeye – Chicken – Duck - Eggplant Gratinata – Ciambelle – Cioccolato – Semifreddo - Tiramisu - Zeppole - Limone

Patronage Inclination: Frequent

Most Recent Visit:  4/01/2011
Amount Visited: 100+
Experiences: Dinner, Bar

Address: One Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02116
Website: http://www.sorellinaboston.com/  Phone: (617) 412-4600
Social Networking:  Twitter @SorellinaBoston  -  Facebook /Sorellina Boston

Older PostsJanuary 2011  -  January 2011  -  December 2010  -  October 2010  -  March 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment