Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Umbria Restaurant Review

Umbria Prime 
My Opinions:  I was excited about the reopening of their top floor dance club, and I had heard good things about their food, but I was disappointed once I had dinner  - If you have been following my blog, I am well versed with Braised Beef, and the short ribs I had here were mediocre ... the flavor was lackluster and the texture was a bit  rough/dry - The buffalo mozzarella was good, but not gooey-fresh, and the Jumbo Asparagus came drenched in oil and salt - Service was not friendly, nor was it attentive ... actually the best service I got was from the runner (not sure of his title), not from my waiter - Wine list was decent - I would come back to eat here, but I wouldn't be the one to suggest it ... especially with Radius, Caliterra, Meritage, Sel de la Terre, etc. so close!

Some Food/Drink Tasted: Imported Buffalo Mozzarella - Pappardelle - Braised Beef Short Ribs - Jumbo Asparagus - Roasted Wild Mushrooms - Tiramisu

Most Recent Visit: 3/09/2010
Amount Visited: 1+
Experiences: Dinner

Patronage Inclination:  Fleeting

Address: 295 Franklin Street, Boston, MA 02110
Website: www.umbriaprime.com  Phone: (617) 338-1000
Social Networking: Twitter @umbriaprime   –  Facebook /Umbria Prime

No comments:

Post a Comment